(3 hours) (100 marks)
Note: Answer all questions.
I. Answer in one or two sentences:
1) Write two important features of the Government of India Act, 1935.
2) Which Act proclaimed lapse of British Paramountacy over Indian States ?
3) What is doctrine of severability ?
4) What is Ex-Post Facto Laws ?
5) What is Uniform Civil Code ?
6) The Chapter of Fundamental Duties has been added to the Constitution by which Amendment Act ?
7) Give two important Constitutional duties assigned to the Governor ?
8) What is the difference between prorogation and dissolution ?
9) What is doctrine of Colorable Legislation ?
10) What is Prospective Overruling ?
II Write short notes on any four of the following :
1) Preamble to the Constitution of India
2) Cultural and Educational Rights of Minorities
3) Money Bill
4) Legislative relations between the Union and the States
5) Union Public Service Commission
6) Election Commission
III. Situational questions (any two):
(a) Mr. “X”, who was not a member of either House of Parliament, was appointed as the Prime Minister. His appointment was challenged:
1) On which ground can the Prime Minister’s appointment be challenged?
2) What is the provision fr the appointment of a person as a Minister, if he is not a member of either Houses ?
(b) “Y”, a prisoner was released on parole. During his brief stay at his home he experienced that two police constables were constantly keeping a watch on him. He filed a petition in the court for violation of his fundamental rights:
1) Which fundamental right is violated in the above case ? Give reasons.
2) Explain any two rights of prisoners.
(c) “A” files a writ petition in “X” High Court for directing the University to reserve 3 percent seats for persons with disability for post graduate courses in medical colleges.
1) Is the above case falls within the scope of writ jurisdiction? If so, which writ can be issued in this case? If not, for what reason there cannot be a writ in this case?
2) Which law specifies the rights of person with Disability in India ?
IV. Answer the following (any four):
1) Explain the salient features of the Indian Constitution.
2) Describe the federal nature of Indian Constitution? Whether Indian Constitution contains unitary features ?
3) Explain in detail the importance of the protection of Civil Rights Act 1955 in safeguarding the rights of the people belonging to Schedule Castes.
4) Discuss the Judicial Activism of Supreme Court in protection of fundamental rights of citizen of India.
5) Discuss the fundamental right of equality in the Indian Constitution.
6) What is Constitutional Amendment? Explain Amending process with the help of Supreme Court cases.