The blog presents the solved Section B, that consists of General Knowledge of the All India Sainik School Entrance Exam (AISSEE) held in Jan 2019. I hope this exercise would help the new aspirants to practise their general knowledge for AISSEE as well as other competitive exams.
SECTION B – GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
51. Which among of the following is not an Indian Sport?
52. Who is known as ‘Iron man’ of India?
(a) Jawaharlal Nehru
(b) Mahatma Gandhi
(c) Sardar Patel
(d) Subhas Chandra Bose
53. Deficiency of Iodine causes?
54. Hirakund dam is built on the river?
55. 1024 Kilobytes is equal to?
(a) 8 Bits
(b) 1 Megabyte (MB)
(c) 1 Gigabyte (GB)
(d) 1 Byte
56. Those who study things that were made and used in the past these people are called _____________ .
57. What is the ratio of width to the length of National Flag of India ?
58. Where is the Wagah-Border located ?
(a) Longewala, Rajasthan
(b) Moreh, Manipur
(c) Rann of Kutch, Gujarat
(d) Amritsar, Punjab
59. Out of the following list of Param Vir Chakra (PVC) Awardees who was awarded with PVC during Kargil War ?
(a) Lt Col Ardeshir Burzorji Tarapore
(b) 2/Lt Arun Khetarpal
(c) Capt Vikram Batra
(d) Maj Somnath Sharma
60. Which state among the following has adopted Sanskrit a its one of the official languages ?
(a) Himachal Pradesh
(d) Uttar Pradesh
61. Who is the current Vice-President of India ?
(a) Shri Narendra Modi
(b) Shri Venkaiah Naidu
(c) Shri Arun Jaitley
(d) Shri Ran Nath Kovind
62. A medical practitioner specializing in children and their diseases :
63. A group of stars is called a :
(a) Solar system
64. Which gas when solidified is commonly known as Dry Ice ?
(a) Carbon monoxide
(b) Nitrous oxide
(c) Carbon dioxide
(d) Hydrogen peroxide
65. The members of Rajya Sabha can have a maximum tenure of how long ?
(a) Five years
(b) Six years
(c) Seven years
(d) Two years
66. P. Gopichand is associated with which Sport ?
67. Which of the following company does not sell mobiles ?
68. A vehicle capable of travelling over land and water is called :
69. The space programme of Government of India is looked after
70. The Motto of the Indian Navy is :
(a) Sarvatra Sarvottama Suraksha
(b) Sham No Varuna
(c) Valour and Wisdom
(d) Nabha | Sprsa | Diptam
71. Which is the largest gland in human body ?
(a) Salivary gland
72. Who has written “Sare Jahan Se Achchha” ?
(a) Rabindranath Tagore
(b) Bankim Chandra Chatterjee
(c) Muhammad Iqbal
(d) Subash Chandra Bose
73. Which is the deepest ocean ?
(a) Indian Ocean
(b) Artic Ocean
(c) Antartic Ocean
(d) Pacific Ocean
74. Who fixes the salaries and allowances of the speaker of Lok Sabha ?
(a) Council of Ministers
(d) Judge of Supreme Court
75. Which article of constitution provides Indian citizen “Right to Equality” ?
(a) Article 12
(b) Article 13
(c) Article 17
(d) Article 14