Download the chapter : Here
Q1. Read aloud the skit and enact it.
Q2. Read what the animals in the skit tell about themselves. Then write similar one or two line speeches about the following birds or animals.
- a bear : I am a bear and I growl and eat honey.
- a rhinoceros : I am a rhinoceros and I have a thick skin and a single horn.
- a peacock : I am a peacock and I dance when it rains.
- a wolf : I am a wolf and I communicate by a spine-tingling howl.
- a fox : I am a fox and I am cunning and clever.
- a monkey : I am a monkey and I swing on the tree the whole day.
- an eagle : I am an eagle I fly high in the sky.
Q3. Make a collection of words that describe the movements of birds or animals. Then write sentences using suitable combinations.
For example : “Monkey swing”.
Some movement words – swing, flit, flutter, trot, waddle, prowl, leap, dart, slide, glide, wiggle.
Ans. The movements words with respective animals are given below:
- Monkeys swing
- Butterflies flit
- Moths flutter
- Horses tort
- Ducks waddle
- Tigers prowl
- Frogs leap
- Fish/ lizards dart
- Snakes slide
- Swans glide
- Worms wiggle
Q4. Make a collection of words that describe sounds made by birds or animals. Then write sentences using suitable combination.
For example : “Owls screech”. Some sound words – screech, bark, mew, purr, moo, low, caw, croak, gobble, honk, bleat, neigh, hum, howl, hiss, growl, roar.
Ans. The sounds made by respective birds or animals are given below:
- Owls screech
- Dogs bark
- Cats mew / purr
- Cows moo
- Cattle low
- Crow caw
- Frogs croak
- Turkeys gobble
- Geese honk
- Goats bleat
- Horses neigh
- Bees hum
- Jackals howl
- Snakes hiss
- Bears growl
- Lions/ Tigers roar