1. Answer the following questions :
(a) Who was Chen Yaozi ?
Ans. Chen Yaozi was a very skilled archer in faraway China who could perform wonderful feats of archery.
(b) What did he like ?
Ans. Chen Yaozi liked to show off his skill to the admiring crowds that gathered around him.
(c) What did the old man say ?
Ans. The old man said, “It’s just a matter of practice !”
(d) What could the old man do ? Describe it in one sentence.
Ans. The old man could pour oil in the gourd through the small hole in the coin with such a perfection that not a single trace of oil could be seen on the coin.
(e) What did Chen Yaozi tell the old man at the end ?
Ans. At the end, Chen Yaozi told the old man, “You have taught me something important today.”
2. Use the following in your own sentences :
- show off : Rita bought a new dress and made a show off.
- annoyed : The mother got annoyed seeing her child’s report card.
- doubt (something or someone) : The police had doubt on the young man.
- If you allow : I shall show you a magic trick, if you allow me.
- not a trace : There was not a trace of milk on the bowl.
- boasted : Rohit boasted that no one can dance better than him.
3. If you were to master one skill, what would you like to learn ? How will you learn it ?
Ans. The one thing skill I would like to master is martial arts. I know a person who is a good coach of martial arts. I shall become his student and practice regularly to have mastery in martial arts. Teacher has told me that one can master any thing, only if he sincerely practices for a long period.