The blog discusses the Questions and Answers from the lesson 1, History , Environmental Science, Part 2, from Class 5. Students can use these answers for reference in their studies.
Q1. Fill in the blanks :
1. The science that tries to understand past events is called . . . . . . . . . . .
2. History is not written solely on the basis of . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
1. The science that tries to understand past events is called history.
2. History is not written solely on the basis of imagination.
Q2. Answer each question in one sentence.
1. What is the scientific method ?
Ans. The method of using a number of different tests to determine whether the evidence is reliable, is called the scientific method.
2. Of which action is India’s Independence the result ?
Ans. India’s Independence was a consequence of an action i.e. the Indian people’s struggle for Independence.
3. What does the study of history make possible ?
Ans. The study of history makes it possible for us to study what is and what is not favorable for the progress of human society.
Q3. Answer the following questions in brief ?
1. Why is history considered to be a scientific discipline ?
Ans. History is considered to be a scientific discipleine because :
(a) History uses scientific methods at every stage, namely while looking for and collecting evidences
(b) Using scientific methods for examining the evidences while putting them together.
(c) It also uses other sciences when required.
2. What is that puts obstacles in the way of village development ?
Ans. The obstacles in the way of village development are :
(a) people in the village do not work together
(b) people in the village do not help one another.
Q4. Complete the concept chart.
Q5. Classify the sources of history using the chart given below.
Sources of history : coins, letters, traditional songs, forts, copper plate,
folk songs, pots, stone inscriptions, folk tales, old structures, biographies,
pillars, rock-cut caves