Section C General Science
The blog presents the previous year question paper of 2020, questions from general science section C along with their answers for class 9. The students preparing for the AISSEE can practise the questions given here to have a good score in the entrance test.
1. The metal present in chrolophyll is :
2. Name of the gas present in LPG.
3. Which gas is used to replace CFC ?
4. The first Menstrual flow at puberty is termed :
C. Puberty flow
5. Which among the following statement is incorrect about all organelles ?
A. They are found in all Eukaryotic cells.
B. They are found in Multi cellular organisms only.
C. They coordinate to produce new cell.
D. They are small sized and mostly internal.
6. The boy is pulling a cart by a force of 100 N. The frictional force experienced by the cart is 20 N. The force causing the motion of the cart is :
A. 100 N
B. 120 N
C. 80 N
D. 5 N
7. The cans used for storing food are made by electroplating :
A. Silver onto iron
B. Chromium onto iron
C. Gold onto iron
D. Tin onto iron
8. The impression of an image does not vanish immediately from the retina. It persists for : .
A. (1/60)th of a second
B. (1/12)th of a second
C. (1/6)th of a second
D. (1/16)th of a second
9. The Sun appears to rise in the East and set in the West because :
A. Earth rotates from East to West on its axis.
B. Earth rotates from West to East on its axis.
C. The Sun is at the centre of the universe.
D. None of the above.
10. Pressure is equal to :
A. Area/Force on which it acts
B. Force/Area on which it acts
C. Volume/Force on which it acts
D. Force/Volume on which it acts
11. An ultrasound equipment works at a frequency :
A. Higher than 20,000 Hz
B. Higher than 10,000 Hz
C. Lower than 20,000 Hz
D. Lower than 10,000 Hz
12. When electrodes are immersed in water and electricity is passed, the bubbles formed on the negative terminal is ac-
tually ………… gas.
B. Carbon dioxide
13. If light falls perpendicularly on plane mirror, the angle in which light will be reflected is ……… .
A. 45 degrees
B. 90 degrees
C. 180 degrees
14. All non-living things are known as ………… .
A. Biotic Resource
B. Exhaustible Resource
C. Abiotic Resource
D. Human Resource
15. Malaria parasite is carried by :
A. Culex mosquito
B. Male anopheles mosquito
C. Female anopheles mosquito
D. Aedes mosquito
16. Internal fertilisation does not occur in :
17. Regeneration is observed in :
18. Rapid combustion is :
A. When gas burns, it produces heat and light.
B. When material suddenly burst into flames.
C. When there is evolution of heat.
D. None of the above.
19. A student is carrying out distillation process in a lab. Water is boiling in distillation flask. Water that is collected in the receiver flask is refrigerated and ice cubes are formed. Ice cubes are then kept outside the refrigerator and they start
melting. Arrange following phases of water in ascending order of their total (PE + KE) energy considering that the mass
of water remains the same.
(i) Water collected in the receiving flask.
(ii)choice Water boiling in the distillation
(iii) Steam passing through the delivery tube
(iv) Ice cubes formed in the refrigerator
A. (iv), (iii), (ii), (i)
B. (iv), (i), (ii), (iii)
C. (iii), (iv), (ii), (i)
D. (iv), (i), (iii), (ii)
20. The different samples of CO2 were found to contain carbon and oxygen in the same ratio of their mass. This illustrates :
A. Law of conservation of mass
B. Law of definite proportions
C. Law of multiple proportions
D. Law of reciprocal proportions
21. An atlas of India is drawn by takig scale 100 cm = 50,000 km. The actual distance between the city of Bhopal and Cochin is 1,500 km, the distance between the two places in the atlas
will be ……. cm .
22. Both sound and light waves can be propogated through.
C. both (A) and (B)
D. None of the above.
23. A man stands in front of a mirror and finds that his image is larger than himself. The mirror is a …………… mirror.
D. both (A) and (B).
24. Each lung is enclosed in a double membrane called pleura. The membrane which covers the surface of each lung is :
A. visceral pleura
B. lung pleura
C. peritoneal pleura
D. parietal pleura
25. Nitrogenous waste products are eliminated mainly as …….. .
A. Urea in tadpole and ammonia in adult frog.
B. Ammonia in tadpole and urea in adult frog.
C. Urea in tadpole and adult frog.
D. Urea in tadpole and uric acid in adult frog.